Amongst The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Stars

Welcome leader, your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[O,20] Karresh Debris Field

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

[O,20] Karresh Debris Field Empty
PostSubject: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:21 pm

[O,20] Karresh Debris Field Chris_cold_03

In the Karresh system lies ruins of two once great war machines. The Karresh Debris Field contains ships of truly astonishing scale carrying weaponry of perplexing power. The Debris field however is home to pirates, ancient defences and unstable ancient power cores, ready to explode violently at any minute.

Karresh itself plays host to Karresh I, a tomb world, scorched eons ago. Karresh II and III are both gas giants, and Karresh IV is a brown planet, once fertile, but stripped of its atmosphere by solar winds, also eons ago.

Due to the perplexing nature of the Karresh Mining field, players that unlock the secrets and maintain the secrets of Karresh stand to gain a boost towards energy output and energy weapons.
Back to top Go down
https://amongstthestars6.rpg-board.net
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Space was quiet. The debris spun perpetually. Like a unnatural asteroid field. Scavengers had picked this site before; but there was about to be a malignant presence in this region. The debris rumbles, and then, flashes, like sparks from a broken florescent lamp. Lojari pirate vessels, bearing a mark of a torn wolf's head. The wolves were an effective outfit, shoot first, ask questions later. And it appeared as if they were doing some shopping. Some corvettes flew up to some debris, doors opened, and parts were taken by Lojari in their terrible ramshackle space suits.

Laser welders cracked to life, and Lojari went to work, clocked in.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:59 pm

In the hulking creaking megastructures of Karresh, the Lojari were not going to call this place home, nor was this a shelter. Like flies floating around a crocodile; the giant wrecks pulsed with energy. Was something activating? Was something on? Sensors would pick up power coming from regions, and then dropping off again. Thermal imaging showed the hulks moving parts, like someone twitching in their sleep. The lights were on but no-one was home. As the Lojari violated the wrecks, from across the wreck yard, something changed, a part of one of the wrecks split, and craft slipped out of it, heading towards the Lojari.

Last edited by Rookzilla on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 10:08 pm

The Lojari corvettes, which numbered 7, picked up the unknown craft with relative difficulty, the debris field was blocking specific detection. Nevertheless the wolves were not a green outfit. It was standard procedure to pull the ship breakers back and prime weapons. Third class warrior Captain Rukuzobi was on board a corvette, he wasn't a great warrior, no, but he could operate many interfaces at once, and he could command. He played the pirate trade markets well and he knew a lot of people, in terms of notoriety he wasn't exactly a big fish, but at least the plebs of the warbands didn't screw with him. He pushed a few buttons on his hard-wired comms consle and brought up a holographic display, showing all the debris, mapped by LADAR.

<::"Alright. We came here for some scrapping and breaking but I think we might have live contacts in the wreck field, could be other Lojjies on a scav-search, if they arn't wolves, whack 'em. If they arn't Lojari, whack 'em if they're civilian. If they're military, under Cruiser, crush 'em."

<::"Copy"

<::"On it, my LIDAR is acting up, this New Terran laser keeps taking power away from my sensors, we need to fix up those couplings when we're back to the Boneyard."
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 10:15 pm

As the craft got closer it was obvious that their signatures were the same as the as the power surges revealed, the wreck was coming alive, the wreck didn't want to give away its secrets, from what would seem like an outstanding range, a large orange beam ripped across the wreck yard at the Lojari frigate. Firing above it at first but adjusting itself rapidly, dragging its firepower through the Lojari formation.

Last edited by Rookzilla on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 10:23 pm

"Cap, that's picking up spe- oh SHI-"

Rukuzobi was sucked out of his own ship as it exploded, sending him flinging through the cold part of space, his suit automatically shut down his blast protector as he watched the ancient craft attack his scrapping fleet.

He snarled. Speaking into his suits wireless radio. He was spinning so fast, he could see nothing outside his suit, only what was projected onto the holographic display of his helmet.

<:: "Alright, listen you fucking idiots pull it together."

<:: "We're being ripped apart out here, they have massive firepower."

<:: "And what do we have, fucking flower-batons? Herugh!"

He cut his transmission and grabbed onto a piece of debris. He stabilized himself, the adrenaline throwing through his eyes as he animalistically scuttled up the debris. He watched as other crew members that weren't suited from his corvette turned grey in the coldness of space. He gripped the debris with one and and with his other rapidly tapped at his wrist, trying to signal the Lojari corvettes to rally around his orders. The Lojari corvettes were by no means very organised, but they were in a corner, and they weren't afraid to overload their own systems just to live to pirate another day.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 10:27 pm

The Karresh drones were old, their tactics were medieval, a brutal charge through the Lojari ranks, beaming as they went. They fired ruthlessly, but these primitive Lojari ships were strange, unknown, and what wasn't known was unpredictable. They ripped through the Lojari ranks and streamed past. As they turned they were slow; so slow that a Lojari round caught one of them, destroying it entirely, violently, the other two kept up their efforts and came in for another beam pass. Making a harder target for themselves they started cork-screwing whilst firing their beams, making them particularly hard to hit.
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:46 pm

More Lojari ships got turned into swiss cheese. More corvettes were going down now, and that shot that killed that drone was luck. Rukuzobi needed and escape, his corvettes numbered 5 and they were barely evading. The Lojari continued their battery, confident that more shots would land if two of the corvettes, the Piranha and the Kriss; moved to static positions. The other three did what the Lojari were best at, and they began to blanket the drones with everything they had, moving close, firing wildly.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 11:50 pm

As the drones ripped yet another corvette apart they were exposed to another confusing tactic, one of the corvettes had slammed into the side of one, knocking it off balance. It was bad enough that the ships were in close proximity, but this was enough for them to re-calculate their strategy, the drones limped away from the Lojari, disengaging weapons. However the wreck pulsed once again....

Last edited by Rookzilla on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 12:03 am

<:: "What about the debris?"

<:: "Fuck the debris, fuck this site its too hot for a scrap-party, log it on the map."

<:: "Where are you chief? I don't know if we're gonna be able to jump like this."

<:: "What about the Xudo? Can we run with the Xudo?"

The remaining corvette in communication with Rukuzobi was badly damaged inside, the beams from the ancient lasers had microwaved the inside of the ship, disabling any sort of artificial gravity, globules of blood meshed around the interior of the craft and a few corpses tumbled off the interior of the craft as it turned.

<:: "Gugazani and that human, Miller, are both dead, weren't wearing their suits."

<:: "Alright, what about the rest of the crew?"

<:: "11 men over 5 ships, or 4 and a half, we need to do some crew transfers. Also, what little left of navigation and displacement is reading that we're getting more pulses from this wreck yard, could mean more drones, ....I'm uh getting a lot of readings, seven minutes out."

Rukuzobi gritted his fangs together, so hard he was hurting his gums, more drones and they'd surely be in trouble.

<:: "Hook up, and prepare to come get me, I'm lasing, switch to IR to see my strobe."

<:: "Copy that, switching fields now, IR is sketchy so bare with me."

The corvettes formed up and lined up in a V formation around to the debris of first contact.

<:: "Okay, you're coming close to me; slow it right down or you'll soup me."

A single corvette broke off from the formation and slowed its pace to a standstill beside the debris Rukuzobi was sitting on, he leapt clumsily from the debrit to the hangar section of the corvette and the corvette closed up. Having recovered their captain the Lojari pirates sped away from the wreck sight, priming their FTL as they were attempting to flee the wreck site.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:45 pm

The Lojari were right, more drones were coming, but upon realising they were leaving the wreck yard, the drones pulled back, and the Lojari were allowed to jump away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [O,20] Karresh Debris Field   [O,20] Karresh Debris Field I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[O,20] Karresh Debris Field
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amongst The Stars :: Amongst The Stars :: Amongst The Stars :: Roleplay Instances-
Jump to: