Amongst The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Stars

Welcome leader, your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Q,15] Surugati System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

[Q,15] Surugati System Empty
PostSubject: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 1:31 pm

The Surugati system is a star system with 9 planets. Surugati itself is a g-type main sequence star. Around it are its planetary children, Surugati I all the way to Surugati IX. Surugati IV was a planet of particular interest, with a detectable magnetic field, varied climates, oceans and dabs of green on the planet, it was obvious it contained life. Furthermore, Surugati played host to Surugati IVa, a small moon, also with atmosphere, with a desert climate.

Surugati System
Surugati IV
High Orbit

The galaxy, and the space between its systems is large. There was no denying that. It made even the Nakar dreadnoughts seem so quizzically small when they heaved in through the relative field. Four large dreadnought sized ships, presumably the empires famed second fleet moving in.

"Jump complete Admiral, all systems normal, quantum waves dissipating."

Head Admiral Yathrok scratched at his lower lip with his top set of canines, if that's what you could call those fangs that leaked out of his head. He rubbed his hands together, breathing over the top of them in an effort to warm them up. He looked to his directorate, Arkurian, nodding his head to him and raising a scaled eyebrow he rasped. "Do you not think its a bit cold in here? These new ships really don't hold in the heat very well, tell our boys in the engine room to throttle back on the heat syphoning, I'll get a nice temperature going and we won't be easy prey for anyone that may or may not have the drop on us. Oh, that reminds me," he lazily tapped the combat display, showing his ship in 3D and the best attempts at mapping what was relative to it. He tapped a button on the table and a microphone crackled open on the ship, bringing his words to life. "All hands to stations, prepare for possible indigenous defence force reacting hostile to our presence here, good luck crew." At this moment High General Banion walked into the bridge, his bodyguard retinue stood at the door, covered in enough decorative metal to justify a ceremony.

"Yathrok, what do you have for me, I heard you on the tannoy on the way in."

Yathrok lowered his voice as Banion stepped beside him to scan the map. "Slept in, have we general?"

"You've known me how long? Jumps make my guts flip, and as such, you know where I am when we jump."

Yathrok let out a few amused tones but proceeded to be detailed with his briefing. "Alright, from what they've thrown up, I really don't see any extreme settlements, no grey area in terms of urbanisation, I don't think there is any higher life here, and to be honest, if there is? I don't want the red tape, that sort of stuff is for the third fleet."

The general nodded. "Alright, I'd drop a few suits down on the planet side, keep the hangars open and don't be afraid to use a bit of heavy ordinance if anything goes south, not that it will, but I don't know about the fauna, or even the flora." With that the general turns to brief his men, before leaving earshot of the admiral completely however he turns. "It's cold in here, you should invest in a portable heater." With this he sniggers as he darts out the door.
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Surugati System
Surugati IX
Open Space

"Wake up, WAKE UP, WAKE UP." Sethimot was woken, along with most of his ship by someone else yelling in his ear. It was his fellow Lojari captains, he was enjoying an afternoon nap, he had sent his prospectors out to do some salvaging on the nearby planet and he had earned his rest. But what was this? He rubbed his eyes, his vision was blurry, a few too many celebratory ales? Quite possibly. He approached the bridge of his cruiser and turned on the display.

"Fuck... Prepare my lifeboat, lets steal us a dreadnought."

4 large vessels, larger than he was preparing to take on. But to steal them? Only a Lojari would be so bold. The Lojari vessels moved out from the behind the planet and started heading towards the Nakar ships.

Last edited by Credentials on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Surugati System
Surugati IV
High Orbit

Admiral Yathrok shovelled some tinned shellfish from world afar into his mouth. He chewed it, slowly mind you, conscious of any possibility of a rogue bone that was going to perforate his throat from the inside, what a bad way to go. He thought about if that had ever happened to anyone, a great warrior cut down in their prime due to a bit of a bone in his food, imagine if the Great Nakkrash had choked on a bit of food debris and never united the tribes? Yes, it seemed that food had the possibility to change not just the world, but the universe, as he was poking around his lunch on his plate the room suddenly flushed with red light.

"Emergency, radiological alarms detected, USC signatures; detected."

Admiral Yathrok kicked out of the officers mess as everyone sprinted for the control room, as he was doing so he raised his wrist to his mouth. "USC? Out here? Confirm?"

A robotic voice spoke back to him from the ships detection intelligence software.
"Sighting of; one. General Dynamics Signature. Sighting of, 3. Differing Signatures."

Yathrok rubbed his head, the USC were gone, surely, broken apart into thousands of pieces, nothing but a fleeting bunch of table scrap corporations and a planet full of decommissioned nuclear armaments. Any entanglement with the USC had led to the Nakar empire flinching, this was a minor vessel, easily destroyed, but the humans were smart, intelligent in the ways of galactic bureaucracy. He had to eliminate all chance of them making this into an issue, the empire had to control the pace. The admiral brought up his wrist to his mouth again.

"Make no attempt to communicate, destroy that fleet, prepare full firing solution."

Last edited by Rookzilla on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 2:05 pm

"They're preparing to fire on us, those dreadnoughts are loaded to bare and fighter tubes are opening their rear doors! What do we do?"

"Shit, turn about and engage thrusters, establish a wall of flak and for gods sakes attempt to hurt something!"

The Lojari ships power up their mix of weapons and hurl ordinance at the Nakar fleet. Lasers, Missiles and Ballistics fire across space as a wall of flak is set up to deter any incoming fighters.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:27 pm

"Alright captains, prepare to bring our dreadnoughts main weaponry about, charge firing sol- shit what the hell was that!"

From across the command room a sailor yelled out; "Sir, they're firing on us, all craft have opened up on our vessels, that USC vessel appears to be loading nukes into tubes."

"We need to send our fighter wings in now, put them out there!"

"Sir by the looks of it our wings will run into a flak wall, the USC ships have set up an outer flak wall."

Yathrok studied the consle, thinking heavily as the dull bangs and bumps of muntions being traded occured. He snapped his fingers and tapped the map.

"Prime the Korokan and Ditram, have their heavy batteries slamming those ships in return, and furthermore, prime the Totrans spinal weapon, launch fighters for the interception of any nuclear warheads the USC might launch, and run another deep scan, find out anything else about these other ships.

As the Admiral gave the orders they were passed down the ship. The Nakar navy would reply with an outstanding amount of firepower on the Lojari vessel carrying nuclear weapons, enough to break a ship in half with just the mere battery.

<:: "Red Wing 5 this is Copycat 1-1. Orders are to intercept possible nuclear warheads and act as defence for any hostile vessel that strays outside enemy flak permimetre."

<:: "Copycat 1-1 this is Mantis 2-1, Preparing nuclear solution on Shades in hanger, launch in 3 grons, over."

Nakar fighter craft, bomber craft and gunships leaked out of the carrier in several formations, like wasps scrambling to defend a hive.
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 pm

<:: "All ships we are taking fire suggest ret-*KKZZZZKKK*

<:: "There goes the comms on that human ship we stole, what were the status on those nukes?"

<:: "They're armed, they're gonna go off unless they get em fired."

The Lojari continued to fire their solutions at the Nakar fleet, however they started to beat an immediate retreat in the hopes the Nakar would disengage. The remaining ships turned their grey, patchy hulls and attempted to shoot back as the heavy Nakar missiles slammed into them, exploding violently and taking chunks out of their systems.

"I don't know how much longer we're going to be able to take this punishment."

The rocket point defence tried in vain to stop the missiles but they were too heavy, too advanced to stop. One of the Lojari ships, the NTE Hades, as it was firing its engines a missile struck the rear of it and left it dead in the water, a whole cruiser knocked out of action.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm

"Admiral sir, suggestions from observation claim that that last ship is now a sitting duck in the water, firing solution suggestion?"

Yathrok bit down on ths inside of his mouth for a few seconds before tapping the USC signatured cruiser again. "If there is a nuclear cruiser out there, we must destroy it, fire the main weapon on the Tonar."

As his Director took the ships hardwired comms phone he passed on the order.

"Concentrated rocket assisted shell is a-go, flatten that cruiser."

With this the Tonar-Class dreadnought let forward a terrifying rocket the size of a small corvette, at a huge speed, it skimmed through space, smashing through the flak wall of the Lojari only to detonate with a terrifying blast, ripping the Lojari cruiser to shreds, and scattering its live nuclear arsenal across the system.
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Debris smashed all around the Lojari fleet, Lojari in suits, dead Lojari, metal, rebar, debris, wait was that a nuclear weap-.

The fleet was engulfed in multiple nuclear blasts, detonations scattered from the Lojari cruiser, utterly engulfing the smaller ships. Only the Man-Reaver, the flak cruiser was left, and it was immediately surrendering into Nakar custody, their fleet had been decimated in an own-goal nuclear strike which had just so happened to have perfectly scattered from their flagship. All leadership had died, most of the crew had died. The Nakar would detect smaller Lojari craft attempting to flee the system in civilian transports and freighters, clearly some of the crew, prior to the battle had attempted to land on the surfaces of the planets, but after watching the devastation in space unfold, had thought it not worth their time.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 pm

An analyst looked at his combat computer station and turned in his chair to the main table. "Director the enemy fleet has suffered heavy losses, last enemy vessel is maintaining flak screen, orders?"

"Communicate now that USC vessel has been destroyed, how soon till they can spool drives?"

"They have showed no signs that they are even starting to spool, so we can threaten to knock them out if they spool."

"Good initiave, put forward that request, hail that ship, text in Terran English only."

<:: "USC Vessel, stand down or face destruction, no reply within 30 seconds will lead to destruction."
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:56 pm

The Lojari onboard the Man-Reaver were indeed disappointed, from being possibly the biggest fish in their pirating world with a navy that could have challenged a small nation, to being decimated in a few shots from a deadly array of Nakar ships.

<:: "This the Lojari Commander Erliekon speaking, we are here to surrender our ships, granted that we will be given safe passage."
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Yathrok held the tannoy speaker and scratched his scaly chin. "Interesting, interesting. Lojari, that would explain the different ship patterns, pirates probably."

"Well then lets destroy them. Its a simple enough shot, nobody would miss them, experience, loose end-"

"Director we will get there if we must, lets talk with this Erliekon for a while see what he knows." Yathrok then clicked on the tannoy to respond to the radio message.

<:: "Lojari vessel, you stand down weapons and evacuate your ship for destruction. This is not an Imperial territory yet, and you are entitled to Galactic Rights under the Councils rulings. Proceed to your life vessels whilst you still can, you have four minutes."
Back to top Go down
Credentials

Credentials

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Erliekon was surprised, grateful in fact, but he dared not show it, the top dogs were dead and that meant that this crew now belonged to him. He put his feet up in some macho show of force to his weary crew.

<:: "Alright, I gotcha."

Then he put his feet back down and dropped the comm down.

"Well what are you waiting for, get to the fucking life boats!"

The Lojari scrambled through the cruiser to various lifeboats to take them back to their pirate HQs. Thank god the Man-Reaver actually had life boats or they would have found themselves in a very sticky situation. Roughly the next 80 hours was going to consist of drifting alone in pirate turf until they were found by other member of their warband. But for Erliekon that didn't really matter, at least he got to fly a cruiser. Within a few minutes, as the Nakar had requested the escape pods shot away from the cruiser, and then jumped away before the Nakar fighter jets could catch them.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 pm

As the Lojari jumped away Yathrok's eyes widened, and he uttered a curse under his breath. What were these savages doing with FTL equipped lifepods, why didn't Yathrok see this coming. A skirmish, dented hulls, ammunition replacements, all for nothing. And during that whole time he had forgotten about his colonial efforts with the General! God knows what was going on planet side.

He walked across to the planetary surveilance section of the bridge to see what the dreadnoughts were picking up, and, to his surprise everything was going fine. The uplinks to the ship were functioning perfectly, he saw the hulking Nakar machines of war patrolling fields unknown in formations miles apart.

"Organise a tachyon home, full transmission burst, tell them we need supplies jumped out here, document pirate contact but inform no survivors."

"But Admiral, there we-"

"Sailor I don't recall anyone still being here, regardless of any jumps, have I made myself clear?"

"Yes, admiral."
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Surugati System
Surugati IV
Gridpoint 7892

Two small reptilian critters wrestled briefly over a bit of fresh fruit by a watering hole, other creatures made various noises, the Oo-Oos and Aa-Aas of chimp like creatures rang out as the planets equator-based humid zones were thriving with life.

Thud. What was that? Some animals turned head. Thud. Most animals turned head, even a few birds took flight from nearby trees.

CRASH! A large leg of a Nakar war machine crushed through the brush. The large humanoid looking robot surveyed the area with its large observatory post on its head. It flushed the humid valley in a blue projected light, the moisture in the air highlighted the beams like a torch in a dusty room. In the distance, several hundred other suits were doing the same, scanning in depth for perfect living areas, combing the planet as more and more large versions of these machines landed on the planet. From the Sky a large shadow was cast as the Nakar dreadnought fleet moved in the suns path, projecting large shadows on the planet temporarily.

Eventually throughout the course of the day, a small area was found, about 4 Kilometres square. The perfect area, 3 forest clearings that would be made clearer.

<:: "This is Copycat 1-1. Red Wing 7 do you see at Seven point two two niner that open clearing, over?

<:: "........Copy that Copycat 1-1. Red Wing 7 confirms visual, suggest action, over?"

<:: "Red Wing 7 please lase for strike package delivery... do you copy?"

<:: "Red Wing 7 copies all, completing red line task."

Within a few seconds the dreadnoughts cannon had been correctly lased. A large flachette shell was loaded into the breach of a cannon by a large pneumatic arm. Within seconds the air was sucked out of the breach and the ship jolted as the large railgun fired a shell down to the planet.

The planes could hear the crack as the shell slammed through the atmosphere, burning blue against the oxygen before it finally hit with a large explosion, sending trees and rubble for miles. The large crater was cleared out between two mountains, the perfect place to start a new life.

<:: "That's a confirmed hit Copycat, on the nose, Red Wing 7, out."

Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 am

<:: "Red Wing 2-4 reports a strange anomaly with detection systems, err anyone else getting this?"

<:: "Negative 2-4, can you describe the anomaly?"

<:: "My LADAR detects a sand storm, then blacks out."

<:: "May be planetary anomaly, we're breaking off a research mission to check it out."

Between the discussion between 2-4 and the Dreadnought, more vessels matching Nakar signatures jumped into space. "Right on time." said Admiral Yathrok, rubbing his nose. He eyed the board intently, he nodded to his people to bring the ship down to the designated site, at which now most of the infantry battle suits had culminated, ready for menial work.

<:: "This is the Imperial Civilian Trade Navy Vessel Kulanko, reporting for colonial endevours."

<:: "Kulanko this is the Erekelties III, we read you loud and clear. Sending you planetside co-ordinates now, more information to come, over."

<:: "We have the datalink, we're receiving, green-lining to established point, over."

The colony ship slowly juttered towards the planets low orbit, its primitive propulsion only taking it so far. It had passed the Erekelties and proceeded to get smaller and smaller as it was pulled in by the planet. It fractured into several smaller vessels and leaked a small wing of yellow coloured engineering vessels.

To the primitives of Surugati IV it would look like an asteroid was breaking apart in the atmosphere, a shower of comets in the sky, on a landing path with the Gridpoint Crater. The ships zipped across the sky as they got within 100 kilometres of the sight they fired their retroactive rockets in order to slow them down, the rockets fired and then stopped, keeping the craft balanced on course. 25 miles from the crater site the rockets fired a lot more heavily to control the craft even more, before bringing them to a complete stop over the crater site. When the various parts stopped over the crater site they slowed to a complete hover, albeit over a huge distance. In front of the optics of the fleet and its numerous fighter wings, the colony ship broke down from its different parts to form clunky blocks. These blocks, once they were plopped into the ground, the buildings themselves began to burrow themselves in with drills on the bottom, drilling each way at a different pace, causing the buildings to lean as they transformed from space-faring craft to ground-based habitats. The perfect cluster started as all Nakar colonies did, like an ever expanding pie chart, with slices acting as districts, easily expanded around a habitation zone, but that was years from now, right now, the middle was a large power core, adorned with a stature of Declamatorius. After the components had settled in, with a large crack, the power core glowed a hazy blue and hummed ominously. The structures powered up. The Colony was starting up.
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 pm

"Admiral Yathrok, general message incoming from Capital. Forwarding!"

Yathrok was happy, a new assignment, killing Lojari pirates had given him a taste for conflict, and hopefully something was being done about it. He opened the message.

Code:
IMPERIAL TACHYON
SIGNED BY : X1

LOJARI - MAJOR SPECIES - DANGEROUS
PRESUMED LED BY: VARIOUS
SPECIES: LOJARI
BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION: EQUAL MATCH SPECIFIED BY NAKAR
OBJECTIVES: PIRACY, OTHERWISE UNKNOWN. SPECIFIED BY NAKAR

INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM:
-HUMAN COLONIES
-IMPERIAL ASSETS
-TAL-NAGARI PIRATES
-LOJARI PIRATES

NAKAR INTENTIONS
SEARCH AND REMOVE WHEREVER POSSIBLE

>FLEET NOTIFIED
>FLEET ACCESSING QUANTUM LANE
>FLEET 2 ORDERED TO ASSAULT LOJAR SYSTEM [0.4231] [4.2217]
>FLEET 3 POSSIBLY JOINING ASSAULT
>NOTIFY COMMAND ON DIFFERING SITUATION
>DIPLOMATIC AUTHORITY GRANTED

Yathrok narrowed his eyes as he read the page, turning his nose up at the printout. "Okay, okay okay." he then tapped his ear twice and was wirelessly connected to the ships in the fleet.

<:: Crew of the fleet. You have served well over the last few days, but out journey has not ended. We have been requested to change our orders on behalf of the administration. I know that's not what some of you wanted to hear, and I'm sure you were looking forward to returning home for some RnR. However, we have been ordered to assault the Lojar homeworld. Some of you havn't seen combat, some of you, experts of the Saphrithid conflict. All of you now warriors. In times like these, before the combat jumps, we ask ourselves what are we feeling? We ask ourselves what are our friends, officers and colleges thinking? Fear is what keeps you sharp, fear keeps you alive, even the most hardened veteran has fear, to not acknowledge this would be to embrace defeat. Stand to, do your duties, and we will make it through this conflict with yet another victory under our belt."

Yathrok tapped his ear and cut the transmission, the crew on the bridge looked at him idly, he had said it 100 times before and he was about to say it again, in his exact same tone.

"Alright, start the clock."
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Surugati System
Surugati IV
Adontis Settlement

"Okay, scans are green, we've got some local wildlife conflicting with us in this ravine area. Without the fleet here things could get pretty hairy so we should probably abandon the dig site."

"Copy that command, I'm picking up some strange dust storms out here, tachyons with the home system are sketchy. I don't know if that order for extra crops has gone through, things could be pretty sketchy if we're not careful."

The command was a mess over the colony, progress had been delayed by this sudden strike on the Lojari homeworld. That was the last the Imperial Settlers on Surugati had heard, and from there things had just been cut down to long list of lacking supplies and cutting plans short. One of the colonial hubs had lost power and was known as the dark district, the second wave of colonists that had landed the day before were now living in slum like conditions. The situation was grim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Q,15] Surugati System   [Q,15] Surugati System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Q,15] Surugati System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amongst The Stars :: Amongst The Stars :: Amongst The Stars :: Roleplay Instances-
Jump to: