Amongst The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Stars

Welcome leader, your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ATS Fleet Based Combat System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

ATS Fleet Based Combat System Empty
PostSubject: ATS Fleet Based Combat System   ATS Fleet Based Combat System I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Rolz Dice Lobby:

https://rolz.org/dr?room=AmongstTheStars

This thread will outline the procedure for fleet combat in Amongst the Stars. The hardest part of this system will be composing the Ship "character" sheet, after that is is fairly simple.

Rules of Combat.

Rolls.

After making a roll, always post the added up attack roll after dice roll bot.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT EDIT A ROLL POST WITHOUT GM CONSENT. Doing so the first time will result in a GM interfering and making you roll a natural fail, and then giving your opponent a natural 20 crit as a warning. Doing so the second time will result in a permaban.

FTL Travel

If you are travelling to a system that is not in combat and is not likely to be in combat in the near future, you may move your fleet immediately, RP'ing the time that has passed accordingly.

If you are travelling to a system with combat happening, your fleet will move three systems closer on every combat turn. A combat turn is the time it takes for all the players in battle to post one combat RP post each (roll posts do not count).

When attempting to leave combat early or retreat out of a system, you will need to wait 2 turns to calibrate your means of FTL travel before leaving. During these two turns, your ship cannot attack.

TEMPLATE:

ATTACK TYPES:

SHIP WEIGHT CLASSES:

FIGHTER COMBAT:

FEATS:

CREW SKILLS:

CONDITIONAL MODIFIERS:

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://amongstthestars6.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATS Fleet Based Combat System   ATS Fleet Based Combat System I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Feats and Crew Skills have been updated, so have ships, welcome to take on any feats/crew skills + delete, nothing is final yet.
Back to top Go down
Retrorobot

Retrorobot

PostSubject: Re: ATS Fleet Based Combat System   ATS Fleet Based Combat System I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

The only few concerns I'd have with this have to do with the Bullies and underdogs feats. It kinda defeats the purpose of balancing out the frigate as it gives it an across the board +1 AC to the ships that were supposed to take less damage from the frigate in the first place. Same with the bullies feat, instead of having to pick and choose attack role bonuses like blastermen or missile men to mesh with other strategic choices, battleships and up really only have to pick the bullies trait and suddenly get all of those as long as they aren't fighting a ship their size (which with the point system would probably only make up less than 10% of ships).

The other thing simply has to do with the Imperialists/Guerrillas fears, it can see a lot of abuse due to the fact that it has such disproportionate numbers based on the reward, could I recommend just either a -1 AC +2 AC across the board?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATS Fleet Based Combat System   ATS Fleet Based Combat System I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Fair, we'll cut them for now.

Edit: I want to change secondary FTL drive, and most other practically irrelevant feats at this stage, over the coming days I'm going to take a proper look at how to make all the feats viable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATS Fleet Based Combat System   ATS Fleet Based Combat System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATS Fleet Based Combat System
Page 1 of 1